Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Mac Monday-Mac Lipstick Haul And Swatches




(L-R):Cosmo,Russian Red,Brave,Craving.Viva Glam i  


Hello Lovelies! I was going through my makeup collection last night and realized that i was absolutely obsessed with lipstick.After trying many of drugstore  brands then i started upping my game with MAC lipstick few years back.One thing that still remains intact is that place in my heart for MAC lipsticks. They are the first high end brand that I have the most lipsticks from and whenever I am looking to add a new one into my collection I usually find myself end up in a MAC store.Especially for a student like me the price is pretty reasonable. I'm not saying MAC are the be all end all of lipsticks, but they  know what they're doing. They come in a range of different textures, finishes and a gazillion different colors If you walk into MAC store, you will definitely walk out with one you love.Usually before i purchase lipstick from MAC  i will do some online research to see  whether the color can suit my olive skin tone.Basically i'll buy a universal color that can be worn by every skin tone.That's my rule.What can i say these babies are all my favourite and as you can see in the picture above craving is the shortest because it is the one i reach the most and my top pick.Now let's begin with the swatches.


Under Natural Light (L-R):Cosmo,Russian Red,Brave,Craving.Viva Glam i



With Flash (L-R):Cosmo,Russian Red,Brave,Craving.Viva Glam i         





1.Cosmo (amplified creme)-This brownish pink is my favourite nude MLBB and very office appropriate.It is 1 of MAC best selling lipstick.
2.Russian Red (matte)-An intense-bluish red.This legendary lipstick is a must for every red lipstick lover to own this.Its  a superwoman lipstick, I wear it when I need to be most confident, and to look and feel beautiful
3.Brave (Satin)-A Pink Beige with white pearl.Great when pair with super dark smokey eyes.
4.Craving (amplified creme)- A Plummy pink with a subtle shine.It is my all time favourite lipsticks from MAC.This type of berry color is perfect for fall if you are looking the one that is not too dark and vampy.But  its still wearable on daily basis.
5.Viva Glam i (matte)-An intense brownish blue red.I love this very much. It's like a brick/brownish red, and it is very dark, but not bright, so many people can pull it off. I have yellow undertones and this brings out the warmth in my face.Its really suits any skin tone and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves deep red lipstick.

 I think that's all for my MAC monday blog post.Hopefully i give you some idea if you plan to buy MAC lipstick in the future.In the meantime I am wishing you a fabulous time and hope to see you on the next post soon.

Love,
Natasha

13 comments:

  1. very pretty! Feel like buying Craving and viva glam. InsyaAllah one day I will. Thanks for the swatches n review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur wc wiida.Glad that you like craving and viva glam i cuz its my fav too :)

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking of getting russian red or ruby woo. do u know the difference between those two? hihi love the swatches and thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur most welcome sabby prue.As i know ruby woo is slightly brighter and more cool toned.Desribed as very matte,vivid blue-red on mac official website.In terms of texture, the key difference between RW and RR is that Ruby Woo is a retro-matte finish which is the texture is quite dry make it hard to apply.while Russian Red is a normal, matte finish.Normal matte finish gives a more creamy finish with a very slight sheen.Hope that will help you :)

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    I am loving Russian Red and Craving. Will suit my skin tone perfectly.
    Absolutely loving the uniqueness of your blog. Especially your photography skills. Was wondering if you would like to follow each other.

    Follow me on :
    GFC : http://kalapalette.blogspot.in/
    Twitter : https://twitter.com/apurva_27
    Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Kalapalette

    And I will return the favor. <3
    Love from India,
    Apurva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks apurva.i'm so glad that u like my blog.all pictures was captured using my smartphone only not using any high tech camera..btw,i'm still rookie in taking picture.lol. never think that people will love it.sure we may follow each other,i'm following your blog now :)

      Delete
  4. I particularly like Mac's matte lipsticks! Must buy soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made the best choices! I've now got more lipsticks to add to my list! Right now though the top two are mac saigon summer and rebel or plumful still deciding!

    Asmaa || JustPeachy

    Ps. I'll add a swatch for mac lustering just for you :P on my blog so check back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asmaa just grab both rebel and plumful!the color are very nice and super popular lipsticks frm MAC.i'll check on ur blog asap.thanks for the swatch :)

      Delete
  6. Cosmo looks beautiful! MAC lipsticks are forever in my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed nabilah!dont fret to buy cosmo.it will suit every skin tone :)

      Delete
  7. Russian Red and Viva Glam i is now on my wishlist.. :)
    Thank you for sharing this great post. I enjoyed reading it.
    btw I followed you on all of your accounts. :)
    XOXO
    Sincerely Renny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me renny :) u should get both rr and viva glam i.highly recommended!

      Delete