Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Review and Swatches - YSL Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick Opera Rose No 29













YSL Rouge Volupte Opera Rose is the second most expensive lipstick i have after Guerlain Rouge Gigolo.My sister gave it to me as a birthday present.Thanks to her friend who bought it from US.I’d been seeing many bloggers raved on the famous YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks on their blog and it made me wanting it so much especially the packaging is so lovely with the YSL signature gold metal casing with nice detail around the center of the lipstick that has the YSL logo.I would love to have Spicy Pink when i saw the famous fashion blogger Annabelle Fleur rocking it and after i did some online research i found that it is the most universal color that could compliment many skin tone from the YSL Rouge Volupte line and the second is Opera Rose which is a neutral pink with yellow undertone.Unfortunately my sister's friend was not able to find Spicy Pink therefore she bought the Opera Rose instead.But after i tried it on my lip what can i say i am totally amazed with the beautiful packaging but dissappointed with the quality of the lipstick.Maybe it is not for me.Now its time for a reality check after all the fairy tale story ....


PROS:-
-Classy packaging.Even the YSL metal case looked extremely elegant in the opening scene of  fi hagat video clip by nancy ajram (lebanese singer).
-SPF 15 to protect your lips
-Neutral Soft Rose Pink Color.One of a kind pink and many said they like the opera rose on me.It is a rose pink that does not lean to cool or warm so it won't make your teeth looking yellow and i can see many skin tone could wear Opera Rose, asian or caucasian.If a pink lipstick make your teeth looking yellow then the lipstick is not for you.
-Highly PIGMENTED
-Wide range of colors to choose for.I believe there would be at least 1 color that will suit each girl from rouge volupte range.


CONS:-
-Consider expensive.When you have to pay 34 usd per lipstick (around RM145++  if you buy through malaysian online seller)
-No YSL counter in Malaysia so its hard to choose the best colour for yourself.Please do not rely on the online swatches as you might be shocked if the lipstick color look garish on you if wrongly chosen. -Heavily scented.The sharp mango smell in the ysl lipstick bothered me and can make me feel nauseous especially when i wear it in the morning without having breakfast first.However the soft vanilla-scented in mac lipstick never give me this kind of problem.In fact i like it!
-Too Creamy Texture.I dont say its HYDRATING but the texture is overly creamy and can cause the lipstick bleeding across your lips and looking uneven.
-Not long lasting. 
-Hard to apply.Because it is very pigmented you really have to exfoliate your lips to wear this stuff! It can stuck on dry patches and really exaggerates them and it gave me trouble when its 'floating' on my lips after i applied it.Remember when we melted butter and we can see the solid milk particles floating in the pot,yes the lipstick is floating like the solid milk particles on my lips.I dont know why this happened but i face the same problem everytime i apply it directly from tube.I think the best way to apply is by dab it on to my lips and then pat/blend with my fingers, building up the colour as I wish.
-Settle in the lip lines.If you have fine lines on lips like me this would be a problem beacause the lipstick could sink into the lines.
-Nameles/Codeless.The casing comes with no name  or code making its hard to differentiate if you have many rouge volupte lipstick.








Applied directly from tube







Applied by dabbing on lips



YSL SILKY SENSUAL RADIANT ROUGE VOLUPTE OPERA ROSE



NATURAL LIGHT:UP (3 SWIPES) BOTTOM ( 1 SWIPE)



WITH FLASH:UP (3 SWIPES) BOTTOM ( 1 SWIPE)






Would i repurchase:Maybe if YSL is available in Malaysia and i can try  different colors and do some tests first before buying.Right now i am eager to buy  urban decay revolution lipstick.It caught my attention when i tried it at sephora.I can say it is way better than my YSL lipstick in term of price,color and texture.

Similar Dupe for YSL Opera Rose:Mac Chatterbox and Revlon Super Lustrous Pink Wink

Till we meet again.

Love,
Natasha

13 comments:

  1. I have Mac chatterbox..sadly the colour don't suit me..thinking of putting it in a blog sale..following you now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think i cant pull off mac chatterbox also.hurm..thanks akak for following me :)

      Delete
  2. aaaa this have been in my wishlist like yearss! hahaha! hope when i get a job soon i can buy some! hey! anyway nice blog u have followed you via bloglovin and added to my blog roll! keep on blogging! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. inshaallah sab 1 fine day it will be yours ;) tasha bila dah ada tak pakai sangat pun.i just like the feeling when i own and holding it.hehe..maybe the formulation not suit for me.perhaps it will suit you.hehe

      Delete
  3. Oh I've always wanted a YSL lippie- too bad they're not that good quality especially for the price! But it the colour looks lovely on you mashallah :)

    also- thanks for following!- really appreciate it!

    Asmaa | http://juustpeachy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. alhamdulillah all praises are to allah swt :) asmaa,i do think if a girl really want the ysl lippie they should buy at least one to satisfy their craving and see whether its worth to buy or not.since you are living in uk i think its easier for you to visit the ysl counter and choose the best colour for you,and perhaps you can grab it during sale time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. insha allah 1 hari nanti puteri panda pasti dapat :)

      Delete
  6. This is such a beauty. The design of the lippie itself is so pretty.
    Thanks for following me on GFC. I am following you back. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur wc apurva.agreed The packaging is very elegant .

      Delete
  7. Ahhh I always wanted to buy a YSL lipstick, too bad it has too many downsides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nabilah,u can buy 1 if u've strong desire to possess it.hehe.for me i'll wait til they open ysl counter then only i will consider.but i suggest u the urban decay revolution lipstick.its worth to buy!!!

      Delete
  8. I love the classy packaging but I dislike the expensive price.
    I will get it though if I found a color that I really like. :)
    BTW this is a great review, Thanks for sharing.
    XOXO
    Sincerely Renny

    ReplyDelete